- Check out agent referrals. — I like Angie’s List because I know that Angie’s List voice verifies each review. You can also see if the agent or brokerage has any awards for client satisfaction.
- Take a minute to talk to a couple of real estate agents — Take a moment to talk to me on the phone. If I can't help you, I can point you toward a Realtor who is more suited to your needs. I once saw a statistic that 84% of home buyers in Northern Virginia choose the first agent they contact. This means one of two things. Either most people are choosing wisely the first time, or they're just rushing into things without weighing all options. Probably a little of both.
- Your licensed real estate adviser should be someone you won't mind spending some time with. — You don't want to have to explain the same thoughts and ideas over and over. You and your agent might be spending a lot of time together.
- Ask the potential Realtor how they search for homes. — When selecting a Realtor, ask how they shop homes. Some agents have their own preferred listings that they favor. But you want what’s dream for you, not what’s great for your licensed real estate adviser. So make sure the Realtor is willing to search high and low to find the best choice of residence for you. That includes using the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) as well as their own personal network.
- Learn more about the representation agreement presented to you. — The Commonwealth of Virginia requires all licensed agents to sign a representation agreement before showing properties or having material discussions about a specific detached home. Be very wary of any agent that is not concerned about getting a representation agreement signed. This advice is heavily used for a reason. A representation agreement describes the agent's responsibilities and your obligations when a real estate agent shows you a detached home in Fairfax County.
Your best choice in Alexandria is not necessarily the one related to you, and might not have a brand new car. The right Realtor in 22307 can think creatively to make the deal happen, and understands the fact that you have a choice in real estate professionals. Here's some best practices for comparing the perfect real estate professional for you when you're purchasing a detached home like 6511 Cavalier Dr with 1,080 sqft of living space in Fairfax County: