- Check out real estate professional referrals. — I like Angie’s List because I know that Angie’s List voice verifies each review. You can also see if the agent or brokerage has any awards for client satisfaction.
- Interview several licensed real estate advisers — You don't have to exhaust yourself interviewing agent after agent, but at least interface with two or three to see who you're most comfortable with. I once saw a statistic that 84% of home hunters in Northern Virginia choose the first licensed real estate adviser they contact. This means one of two things. Either most people are choosing wisely the first time, or they're just rushing into things without comparing. Probably a little of both.
- It's critical that you and your agent share a certain rapport. — We all have unique personalities, and that's the way it should be. But when working with someone professionally, if helps if their personality “meshes” well with your own. You don't want to have to explain the same thoughts and ideas over and over.
- Ask the Realtor his/her process for finding units in Alexandria. — When selecting a real estate pro, ask how they seek units. Some agents have their own preferred listings that they favor. But you want what’s best choice of for you, not what’s right for your agent. So make sure the real estate agent is willing to search high and low to find the great unit for you. That includes using the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) as well as their own personal network.
- Learn more about the representation agreement presented to you. — The Commonwealth of Virginia requires all licensed agents to sign a representation agreement before showing properties or having material discussions about a specific residence. Be very wary of any agent that is not concerned about getting a representation agreement signed. It's critical that you examine all documents during the home buying process, and that includes your agent's representation agreement. This advice is heavily used for a reason.
The dream real estate pro does not have be the friend of a friend, and might not be a local. The right licensed real estate adviser for you helps point out the benefits as well as the flaws of intriguing properties, and fully comprehends the fact that you have a choice in real estate agents. Each purchaser has unique needs. Some property hunters have a large down-payment.Some home buyers don't plan on selling. Others need to move in 4 years. Some home buyers don't mind a longer commute to get more than 793 sqft of home. Just like home shoppers, real estate agents have different aptitudes and expertise. Here's what you should pay attention to when finding the perfect Realtor for you when you're purchasing in 22307: