Huntley Meadows Park is the largest park operated by the Fairfax County Park Authority. The park is home to a nationally significant historic house, majestic forests, wildflower-speckled meadows and vast wetlands bursting with life. Some of the best wildlife watching in the Washington metropolitan area is here.
The centerpiece of Huntley Meadows is the wetlands boardwalk trail, which boasts some of the best wildlife watching in the DC area. It’s also known as a prime birding spot, with over 200 species identified in the park. From the parking lot, the trail is clearly marked and makes a large loop through the park and across the wetlands. The entire trail loop is approximately 1.6 miles, with 0.6 miles of boardwalk.
In addition to the nature trails, Huntley Meadows has a nice visitor center with exhibits and classrooms as well as a small store. The park is open from dawn to dusk, and admission is free. Visitor center hours vary by season. Bathrooms and water fountains are available in the visitor’s center. There were some picnic tables in the park, and benches throughout.
Bird and wildlife watching is the main activity in Huntley Meadows Park. There are multiple observation towers and stations along the trails. Various naturalist talks, school education programs, self-guided tours, and even artistic performances are part of the park.
Properties in Belle View
- $2,150,000: 966 Bellview Rd, McLean, VA 22102 | Belle View | Comparables |
- $285,000: 6715 W Wakefield Dr #A1, Alexandria, VA 22307 | Belle View | Comparables |
- $2,700,000: 1049 Brook Valley Ln, McLean, VA 22102 | Belle View | Comparables |
- $277,000: 1413 Belle View Blvd #C1, Alexandria, VA 22307 | Belle View | Comparables |
- $5,495,000: 1033 Bellview Rd, McLean, VA 22102 | Belle View | Comparables |